Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The New Digs

So I’m going to bombard y'all with pictures and stories to catch you up with what's been going on in my world... (I hope!)

First and most importantly… I have my first very own apartment. I’m loving it!!! ...For the most part. I’ve had a few ups and downs with things. A few maintenance problems and the apartment manager slow on fixing them but it was nothin’ Mama Teresa couldn’t handle.



So anyway here are a few pics of the new casa!

Here is the living room. I love my new couch from Ikea. Courtesy of the parental units. Aaron & I found the curtains at Burlington Coat Factory for 9 bucks! Pillows were 3 bucks each at Kohl’s. I’m sooooo all about bargains!




Here’s my kitchen. It has all new appliances. It’s a pretty good size.


My bedroom needs some work. I’m looking for curtains (obviously) and I need more room for clothes and shoes! Aaron just built me two shelves for shoes. Big shelves. I need to put them up. My closet (which I forgot to take a picture of) is ginormous. It’s pretty much full. Grr!


I like it though, seriously. It’s weird being a ‘grown-up’ in school – paying bills all on my own, cooking all of the time, and cleaning up after myself constantly because no one is there to do it. I’m enjoying it.

5 comments:

Brianne said...

Awwwee!! I LOVE it! It looks so warm and cozy and cute. Waaay too cute. We just got curtains for Betty's room at IKEA. They have tons of options there, too. Wish I could visit the new pad. I know you are loving it. Aaron's a good man for building you some shelves!

Lisa Pisa said...

It looks great! I'm glad you were able to get your own place and enjoy your own space for awhile! I love that poster of your mom..haha!

Laura said...

LOL Thanks... Charlie thought it was stupid, but I thought it was rather funny. :P

Courtney said...

the place looks super cute! :) My laura is all grown up!

Miss Bee said...

How did I miss this post? Cute apartment, congrats!